RE: Commentaries {Re: Re-reading the Pali Canon {Re: [Pali] Re: Bhikkhuni ordination and the Vinaya}}

  • Yuttadhammo
    Message 1 of 59 , May 30, 2005
      > Dear Robert,
      > It doesn't matter what ven.kumara thinks because he doesn't
      > have dibba cakkhu to check whether com are completely
      > mistaken about this immediate rebirth or not.

      I don't know it still seems an easy call to me, or am I missing something?
      A bhava is an arising of the five aggregates is it not? Tell me about this
      "antarabhava" that it falls outside of the common definition of "bhava"...
      from what I remember about the Tibetan bardo, it is, by Theravada
      definition, simply another bhava, not a "between-the-bhavas", whatever that
      might be...

      I think the dibba cakkhu wouldn't help... it just happens to be the manner
      in which this funny Thai group has proved that the Buddha is still hanging
      around "up there":

      "A practicioner of the dhamma who has reached the sabhaava of an ariya
      puggala, from sotapanna on up, is able to hear His sweet sound, and see the
      Lord Buddha, ... is able to receive the hearing of the Dhammadesana from the
      Lord Buddha directly... [Thus we] hold that the Lord Buddha is 'The God' and
      still lives on..." (translated from the Thai)

      Yuttadhammo
      Message 59 of 59 , Jun 4, 2005
        Bhante Kumara,

        Here is my paper on Mahapajapati. Hope it is useful.

        Namakkara.m

        Piya