Palitrans 2.0 - anyone like to test it?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2002
      Hi!

      I have release 2.0 of Palitrans "ready" and I was wondering if anyone would
      like to help me test it.

      This is a very big improvement over Palitrans 1.0.

      a) it looks more like MS-Word and supports bold, italic, underline, etc
      b) it supports 5 Pali fonts
      c) it has "in-place" font conversion - select some text using a Pali font,
      press a button, select a new Pali font and the font is converted.
      d) it can produce "code tables" for *any* font showing the numerical code
      and the character
      e) you can create customizable transliteration tables for *any* font
      f) the file is saved as "rtf"
      g) You can mix fonts - ie enter your English text in one font and your Pali
      text in a different font - switching between them "on-the-fly" at the touch
      of a button.
      h) supports colored text - ie you can have your English text in one color
      and your Pali font in a different color.
      i) very simple print preview and printing capability.
      j) much better "cut-and-paste" support

      On top of that, you can load a "transliteration table" that supports 12
      western languages - in case you work need to use one/several/any combination
      of the following languages in a document: English, Spanish, Italian, French,
      German, Portuguese, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Gaelic
      /Modern Gaelic (Irish and Scottish). This makes it very easy to enter
      any/all of these languages using one keyboard.

      And note: you can customize the transliteration tables, so it doesn't really
      matter what language your "native language" keyboard is using.

      About customizable transliteration tables: A good example of a "customized
      use" would be Sinhalese/English or Sinhalese/French.

      If you would like to test it (either for Pali studies or general purpose
      language studies), please send me an email at:
      721910352@...

      And note: because the software can do so much, the interface to parts of the
      software can seem a bit strange to a person who doesn't understand how
      fonts/international computers/word processors work.

      However, if all you want to do is create a simple Western text, "special
      font text" or Pali text, the software and interface is very simple.

      peace from

      Andy

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2002
        Andy,