Re: [Pali] Ovewhelmed!

  • Robert Didham
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2002
      Dear Henry

      I understand the difficulty of starting out - I tried to do this many years
      ago with Tibetan and all I could get at the time was a copy of Jaeschke's
      grammar and there was not a teacher in sight. Not easy.

      However, what sort of material are you working with and what is it that is
      getting you stuck? Directing you to useful beginner's material is hard if
      you don't tell us what it is that you are finding difficult. I assume you
      have done some study of other languages before but don't know if you have
      done any Sanskrit. Also, which language do you prefer to learn in (this is
      important if you are - for example - a German speaker working with English
      texts when a German text such as von Hinuber's may be easier to work with)

      Robert Didham