Re: Pali Day by Day 4/27/2005 [D152]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Apr 28, 2005
      Dear Ven. Yuttadhammo and friends,

      Bhante: thanks for the correction. I have uploaded the solutions here:
      http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/paliload.php?page=d18

      Once again, thanks for your offer. We now have about 15MB space under
      the Yahoo! files section. There is no need for extra space. Even if I
      want it :-) there is no immediate use of it. I am happy for your good
      karma though. There are actually some duplicates among the files, if
      you notice, which I will consider removing as more of the new ones
      come in.

      At this point, I also like to say that anyone who likes to make
      available any of these materials, as well as the Pali exercises I put
      on Tipitaka.net, is more than welcome to do so. There will be no need
      to provide any source reference, although it will be appreciated.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Yuttadhammo wrote:

      I just accessed your geocities site, and I would like to again make
      an offer of giving you space on my server, whether it is of interest
      to you. I could make a new "paligroup.sirimangalo.org"
      or "www.sirimangalo.org/paligroup" or whatever you like. And there
      is now over 200 MB of space I'm not using (my wonderful host
      icdsoft.com has just upgraded to 500 MB and seven subdomains per
      account - what kind of good karma did I do to deserve this? na
      jaanaami). Please let me know.

      As for Pali Day by Day, just one comment:

      > 13. Daughters, you should not do evil, nor cause others to do evil.
      > Dhiitaro, tumhe papa.m na kareyyaatha vaa na kaaraapeyyaatha.
      >
      > 14. The monks should neither dig the ground nor cause others
      > to dig the ground.
      > Bhikkhavo bhuumi.m na kha.neyyu.m vaa na kha.naapeyyu.m.

      In the paa.timokkha, we chant "n'eva uddhareyya na uddharapeyya"
      meaning "should he neither remove it nor cause it to be removed". I
      think this is the common way of saying neither... nor...

      So, I would suggest:

      13. Dhiitaro, tumhe paapa.m n'eva kareyyaatha na kaaraapeyyaatha.
      14. Bhikkhavo bhuumi.m n'eva kha.neyyu.m na kha.naapeyyu.m.

      Also note that papa.m should probably be paapa.m or else I think it
      means "should not make water" :)
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,