Pali - Every few days - [C235]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      Pali - Every few days - [C235]
      Warder - Exercise 20 (page 164)
      English into Pali (Part 6 of 7)

      Then Saalavatii thought: “A pregnant woman (is)
      displeasing to men.
      atha kho / Saalavatiyaa (ga.nikaaya) / etad ahosi /
      gabbhinii / itthii (kho) / amanaapaa / purisaana.m
      atha kho Saalavatiyaa ga.nikaaya etadahosi: itthii kho
      gabbhinii purisaana.m amanaapaa.

      If anyone knows (future) I am pregnant (direct speech)
      all my entertainment will be eliminated.
      sace / koci / jaanissati / ma.m (Saalavatii ga.nikaa)
      / gabbhinii (ti) / sabbo / me / sakkaaro /
      bha~njissati
      sace ma.m koci jaanissati Saalavatii ga.nikaa
      gabbhiniiti, sabbo me sakkaaro bha~njissati.

      What now (if) I were to announce that I am ill (direct
      speech)?”
      ya.m-nuu-(n)-aaha.m / pa.tivedeyyan / gilaana.m / ti
      ya.mnuunaaha.m gilaana.m pa.tivedeyyan ti.

      Metta, John