Re: Pali Day by Day 3/25/2005 [D134] Relational Grammar.

    Message 1 of 1247 , Apr 2, 2005
      Dear Ven. Pandita, Nina and friends,

      thanks. It is interesting to learn how sara.na.m can be an idiomatic
      representation of sara.nanti, an indeclinable compound, which is new to
      me.

      I will update the answers accordingly.

      > 2. bhavanta.m gotama.m sara.na.m gacchaamiiti bhavanta.m gotama.m
      sara.nanti gacchaami. (ibid) (= The sentence "bhavanta.m gotama.m
      sara.na.m gacchaami" means " (I) rely on the Venerable Gotama as refuge)
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan