New in the group, introduce myself

  • yaron landesman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2002
      Hi, my name is Yaron Landesman I have a great interest
      in reading Pali in the original, I am reading in the
      Jaataka.t.thakathaa almost every day in my leisure
      time (the Jaatakas are giving great inspiration).
      My B.A is in Indian studies and East Asian
      studies. I have read Peter Masefield's brilliant
      research book "Divine Revelation in Pali Buddhism"
      it is for me a key to understand the Tipitaka.
      I would like to say that what Peter Masefield shows
      in his book appears (or at least can be understood)
      also in the commentary-background of some of the
      Jaatakas. For example the Saamajaataka, (the
      beautiful)
      Chadantajaataka, kunaalajataka and so in others.
      If Peter Masefield is still in the Group please
      make a comment about it.
      Yaron Landesman.

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • ypong001
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2002
        Hello, Yaron, welcome to the group. Dr Masefield is no longer with
        the group, but there are members who had read his book.