Pali - Every few days - [C233]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2005
      Pali - Every few days - [C233]
      Warder - Exercise 20 (page 164)
      English into Pali (Part 4 of 7)

      “Then (tena hi), I say, find out a girl whom you would
      establish (as) geisha!”
      tena hi / bha.ne / jaanaatha / kumaari.m (taadisi.m) /
      ya.m / tumhe / vu.t.thaapeyyaathaa / ga.nika.m / (ti)
      tena hi, bha.ne, taadisi.m kumaari.m jaanaatha ya.m
      tumhe ga.nika.m vu.t.thaapeyyaathaa ti.

      Just at that time in Raajagaha there was (hoti) a girl
      named Saalavatii, beautiful, lovely, endowed with the
      highest beauty-of-complexion.
      (kho) pana / tena samayena / Raajagahe / hoti /
      kumaarii / naama / Saalavatii / abhiruupaa /
      dassaniiyaa / samannaagataa / paramaaya
      va.n.na-pokkharataaya
      tena kho pana samayena Raajagahe Saalavatii naama
      kumaarii abhiruupaa hoti dassaniiyaa paasaadikaa
      paramaaya va.n.napokkharataaya samannaagataa.

      Then the burger established the girl Saalavatii as
      geisha.
      atha (kho) / negamo / vu.t.thaapesi / kumaari.m /
      Saalavati.m / ga.nika.m
      atha kho negamo Saalavati.m kumaari.m ga.nika.m
      vu.t.thaapesi.

      Metta, John