plethra-linear

  • Alexander Genaud
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hello,

      I am wondering if anyone has the same short text (such as the
      first sutta of Kaccaayana or the first few lines of the
      dhammapada)
      in several languages (translation or transliteration). I am
      experimenting with intuitive methods to interact with a text in
      various languages and scripts. Certainly, this material will be
      made available to this group and others.

      For example, Chinese Unicode with the pinyin, English
      translations,
      and/or a Roman-based pali format, Thai (pali or translation),
      Burmese, Sinhala, Devanagari/Sanskrit, Tibetan, and/or others.

      Thanks in advance,
      Alex

      =====
      Alexander E Genaud <lx@...>

      PGP: CCC7 D19D D107 F079 2F3D
      BF97 8443 DB5A 6DB8 9CE1
      6DB89CE1 http://tinyurl.com/5mdmw

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
        Dear Alex and friends,

        what you are trying to do is interesting. I have some famous nice
        stanzas in Pali, English and Chinese here:
        http://www.tipitaka.net/nicestanzas.htm

        For Dhammapada, you can find Chinese and Japanese translations on the
        web:

        (白話 Baihua) http://book.bfnn.org/books2/1724.htm

        (文言 Wenyan)
        http://nt.med.ncku.edu.tw/biochem/lsn/Tipitaka/Sutta/Khuddaka/Dhammapa
        da/ven-l-z-all.htm

        (日本語 Nihongo) http://www.j-theravada.net/sakhi/buddha-enka-1.html

        In the Chinese Tripitaka, what is close to the Pali Dhammapada is 出曜
        ç¶" Chuyao Jing (Dharmapaada Sutra).