Pali Day by Day 2/03/2005 [D107]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Feb 3 7:47 AM

      for #21 below, the original question has /sbbe'pi/, which I have
      altered to /sabbe'pi/. Please let me know if the original is correct.

      An Elementary Pali Course
      Exercise 13-A: Translate into English.

      19. Paresa.m bha.n.daani maya.m na ga.nhaama.
      from different / goods / we / do not take!
      Let us not take from different goods.

      20. Etaani phalaani maa tassa saku.nassa detha.
      those fruits / do not / to it / to bird / give!
      Do not give those fruits to the bird.

      21. Idaani sabbe'pi te Bhikkhuu uttaraaya disaaya aññatarasmi.m
      aaraame vasanti.
      now / all-too / they / monks / of northern direction /
      in a certain temple / live
      All of them, the monks, live in a certain temple in the northern
      direction now.

      22. Etasmi.m nagare sabbe naraa apara.m nagara.m agami.msu.
      in that city / all / men / [to] other city / went
      All the men in that city went to the other city.

    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan