Re: [Pali] Unicode Pali keyboard layout

  • Walter Stanish
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
      Great job Dennis! Please to report that the US layout works
      fine in Windows 2000 too.

      Some more detailed instructions for the less technical:

      1. To install the layout, you just unzip the files to a directory
      and click the .msi file.

      2. After it installs, go to
      Settings | Control Panel | Keyboard | Input Locales.

      3. Click 'Add', select an English 'Input Locale' to match the
      layout you downloaded (UK or US English). Eg: If you
      downloaded the US one, select 'English (United States)'.
      Next, scroll to the bottom of the 'Keyboard Layout/IME'
      list to find 'US-Pali' or (I suppose) 'UK-Pali'.

      4. In the Input Locales box you can also find the key sequence
      for quick-switching between languages - a language indicator
      should pop up in your taskbar if you select 'Enable indicator
      on task bar'.

      Again, great job Dennis!

      - Walter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2005
        Dear Dennis, Walter and friends,

        Dennis: I am ok with it. :-)

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Dennis W. K. Khong wrote:

        To download, go to
        http://www.parami.org/files/UKPali.zip (for UK keyboards) or
        http://www.parami.org/files/USPali.zip (for US keyboards).

        You must use a Unicode compatible word processor or text editor, and
        you may need a Unicode font, such as Microsoft's Arial Unicode MS
        (which can be easily found using Google Search).

        Yong Peng, I hope you don't mind that me using your Unicode chart in
        the readme.pdf file.