Re: [Pali] Unicode Pali keyboard layout
- Great job Dennis! Please to report that the US layout works
fine in Windows 2000 too.
Some more detailed instructions for the less technical:
1. To install the layout, you just unzip the files to a directory
and click the .msi file.
2. After it installs, go to
Settings | Control Panel | Keyboard | Input Locales.
3. Click 'Add', select an English 'Input Locale' to match the
layout you downloaded (UK or US English). Eg: If you
downloaded the US one, select 'English (United States)'.
Next, scroll to the bottom of the 'Keyboard Layout/IME'
list to find 'US-Pali' or (I suppose) 'UK-Pali'.
4. In the Input Locales box you can also find the key sequence
for quick-switching between languages - a language indicator
should pop up in your taskbar if you select 'Enable indicator
on task bar'.
Again, great job Dennis!
- Dear Dennis, Walter and friends,
Dennis: I am ok with it. :-)
--- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Dennis W. K. Khong wrote:
To download, go to
http://www.parami.org/files/UKPali.zip (for UK keyboards) or
http://www.parami.org/files/USPali.zip (for US keyboards).
You must use a Unicode compatible word processor or text editor, and
you may need a Unicode font, such as Microsoft's Arial Unicode MS
(which can be easily found using Google Search).
Yong Peng, I hope you don't mind that me using your Unicode chart in
the readme.pdf file.