amendments to Narada Ex. 10-B

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Dear Yong Peng,
      I have some suggested amendments for your solutions
      for Narada Exercise 10-B:

      >7. Men and women go with flowers in their hands to
      the temple everyday.
      >naraa ca / naariyo ca / gacchanti / pupphehi /
      tesa.m* / hatthesu / pupphehi / aaraama.m / sabbadaa
      > Naraa ca naariyo ca tesa.m* hatthesu pupphehi
      sabbadaa aaraama.m gacchanti.
      >Alt: Naraa ca naariyo ca pupphahatthaa*** sabbadaa
      aaraama.m gacchanti.
      The 2nd line has a typo here; you have put in
      “pupphehi” twice. Suggested changed line would now
      be:
      naraa ca / naariyo ca / gacchanti / pupphehi / tesa.m*
      / hatthesu / aaraama.m / sabbadaa
      and in:

      >12. The king, accompanied by***** the queen, arrived
      in the city yesterday.
      >raajo / raajiniyaa saddhi.m / paapu.ni / nagara.m /
      hiiyo
      >Raajo raajiniyaa saddhi.m hiiyo nagara.m paapu.ni.
      > Alt: Narapati mahesiyaa saddhi.m hiiyo nagara.m
      paapu.ni.
      I believe the nominative of the noun rajan (king) is
      raajaa (not rajo). It is not an ordinary –a stem
      declension.
      Thus the 2nd and 3rd lines would now read:
      raajaa / raajiniyaa saddhi.m / paapu.ni / nagara.m /
      hiiyo
      Raajaa raajiniyaa saddhi.m hiiyo nagara.m paapu.ni.

      With metta, John
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2005
        Dear John and friends,

        thanks a lot. I have updated the web copy here:
        http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/paliload.php?page=d10