Re: [Pali] hello to everyone!

  • wynn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hi,

      I can only accesc the url given but I can't access the links there.

      Thanks..
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
        Thanks.

        it's OK already.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
          Hi Lenny,

          Wellkommen to this global village of Pali!

          Sukhi.

          Piya.

          Lennart Zieger wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I just joined this group. In order to intoduce myself:
          > My name is Lennart Lopin, Lenny, and my nationality is
          > German and I am a student in Rostock. I am 23 years
          > old, reading German, English and Computer Science at
          > the local university and I study pali for several
          > years by now (private).
          >
          > If anyone here needs pali texts, i started to heave
          > them online ... see
          >
          > http://geocities.com/lenni_lop/Palikanon
          >
          > for that.
          > The font necessary for viewing the texts put there are
          > downloadable from:
          >
          > http://geocities.com/lenni_lop (at the bottom of the
          > page)
          >
          > Looking forward to intensive co-studies,
          >
          > yours Lenny

          > Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de

        • mangesh dahiwale
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
            Dear Friends in the Dhamma,
            It is a great feeling to be a part of this Group.
            I wish all the Brothers and Sisters a very happy new
            year.
            I believe that the origin of all the schools of
            Buddhism can be traced back to Pali scriptures.
            I belong to second generation of Buddhists in India.
            Most of you may be aware that the former untouchables
            of India got converted into Buddhism in 1956. From
            that moment onwards, the Dhamma is gaining deep roots
            in India. Though the revival movement was initiated by

            Ven.Anagarika Dhammmapalo and Rev. Iyothi Thass, it
            got real impetus when Bodhisatta Babasaheb Ambedkar
            embraced Buddhism in the year 1956.
            His whole movement was based on Buddha's teaching.And
            that is why he was instrumental in raising social
            status of 150 million untouchables of India. The
            credit goes to the Buddhist principles which he
            applied.There are many people who have come out of the
            chains of mental bondage and living happily by
            treading the path of master Buddha, however, there is
            so much to be done.He himself was a scholar of Pali
            Language. He has written a Book on pali Grammer and a
            Dictionary. He could not complete the Dictionary
            because of his involvement in other social activities.
            The impact of Buddhism in Modern India may be seen on
            her Flag(The Dhammachakka in the center), her state
            emblem(Royal Emblem of ashoka) etc.
            The words " Dhammachakrapravartanaaya" have been
            inscribed on the throne of president of India.
            Please feel free to comment on whatever I had written.
            With Much Metta,
            mangesh Dahiwale

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
              Mangesh,

              Baba Saheb Ambedkar was not only a genius (with his numerous academc qualifications)
              but also a reformer who has changed the life of millions. Please continue his good
              work, and such work cannot be done alone, You need a Sangha of people with vision
              and compassion.

              Sukhi.

              P.