hello to everyone!

  • Lennart Zieger
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hello,

      I just joined this group. In order to intoduce myself:
      My name is Lennart Lopin, Lenny, and my nationality is
      German and I am a student in Rostock. I am 23 years
      old, reading German, English and Computer Science at
      the local university and I study pali for several
      years by now (private).

      If anyone here needs pali texts, i started to heave
      them online ... see

      http://geocities.com/lenni_lop/Palikanon

      for that.
      The font necessary for viewing the texts put there are
      downloadable from:

      http://geocities.com/lenni_lop (at the bottom of the
      page)

      Looking forward to intensive co-studies,

      yours Lenny

      Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de
    • wynn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hi,

        I can only accesc the url given but I can't access the links there.

        Thanks..
        I just joined this group. In order to intoduce myself:
        My name is Lennart Lopin, Lenny, and my nationality is
        German and I am a student in Rostock. I am 23 years
        old, reading German, English and Computer Science at
        the local university and I study pali for several
        years by now (private).

        If anyone here needs pali texts, i started to heave
        them online ... see

        http://geocities.com/lenni_lop/Palikanon

        for that.
        The font necessary for viewing the texts put there are
        downloadable from:

        http://geocities.com/lenni_lop (at the bottom of the
        page)

        Looking forward to intensive co-studies,

        yours Lenny

        Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • wynn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
          Thanks.

          it's OK already.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
            Hi Lenny,

            Wellkommen to this global village of Pali!

            Sukhi.

            Piya.

            Lennart Zieger wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I just joined this group. In order to intoduce myself:
            > My name is Lennart Lopin, Lenny, and my nationality is
            > German and I am a student in Rostock. I am 23 years
            > old, reading German, English and Computer Science at
            > the local university and I study pali for several
            > years by now (private).
            >
            > If anyone here needs pali texts, i started to heave
            > them online ... see
            >
            > http://geocities.com/lenni_lop/Palikanon
            >
            > for that.
            > The font necessary for viewing the texts put there are
            > downloadable from:
            >
            > http://geocities.com/lenni_lop (at the bottom of the
            > page)
            >
            > Looking forward to intensive co-studies,
            >
            > yours Lenny

            > Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de

          • mangesh dahiwale
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
              Dear Friends in the Dhamma,
              It is a great feeling to be a part of this Group.
              I wish all the Brothers and Sisters a very happy new
              year.
              I believe that the origin of all the schools of
              Buddhism can be traced back to Pali scriptures.
              I belong to second generation of Buddhists in India.
              Most of you may be aware that the former untouchables
              of India got converted into Buddhism in 1956. From
              that moment onwards, the Dhamma is gaining deep roots
              in India. Though the revival movement was initiated by

              Ven.Anagarika Dhammmapalo and Rev. Iyothi Thass, it
              got real impetus when Bodhisatta Babasaheb Ambedkar
              embraced Buddhism in the year 1956.
              His whole movement was based on Buddha's teaching.And
              that is why he was instrumental in raising social
              status of 150 million untouchables of India. The
              credit goes to the Buddhist principles which he
              applied.There are many people who have come out of the
              chains of mental bondage and living happily by
              treading the path of master Buddha, however, there is
              so much to be done.He himself was a scholar of Pali
              Language. He has written a Book on pali Grammer and a
              Dictionary. He could not complete the Dictionary
              because of his involvement in other social activities.
              The impact of Buddhism in Modern India may be seen on
              her Flag(The Dhammachakka in the center), her state
              emblem(Royal Emblem of ashoka) etc.
              The words " Dhammachakrapravartanaaya" have been
              inscribed on the throne of president of India.
              Please feel free to comment on whatever I had written.
              With Much Metta,
              mangesh Dahiwale

              http://greetings.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
                Mangesh,

                Baba Saheb Ambedkar was not only a genius (with his numerous academc qualifications)
                but also a reformer who has changed the life of millions. Please continue his good
                work, and such work cannot be done alone, You need a Sangha of people with vision
                and compassion.

                Sukhi.

                P.