archives and fonts

  • Hope Raven
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2001
      I've just added bookmarks for Ven. Nyantiloka's Buddhist Dictionary - Manual
      of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines to the group's archive of Pali dictionary
      bookmarks at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pali I was pleased to find the
      downloadable version this week - both since it looks like it might be useful
      and because the book would have cost $15 whilst Buddhanet kindly provides it
      as dhammadana.

      I tried to look at the Pali Primer file in the archive but can't read it so
      I guess I haven't got the right fonts installed yet - though it seems like
      I've installed dozens of fonts since I recently started thinking I'd like to
      be able to read the Tipitaka in the original. Any advice on which font/s I
      need to install to read that file? Thanks for the invitation to join the
      Primer study. I doubt if I can catch up when I'm so far behind but I'll try
      to give it a go.

      With thanks,

      Hope.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2001
        Dear Hope,

        thanks.

        Many of the pali fonts are available in our files section:

        Links to original sites are available here:
        http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/fonts.htm