Re: Pali Day by Day [D Series] Recovery

    Message 1 of 1247 , Jan 4, 2005
      Dear Sukhdev, Govinadsamy and friends,

      I am glad that you are interested in working through Ven. Narada's
      book with us. There are people at different levels in this group, and
      you see discussions catering to different groups. I have seen Ven.
      Narada's book in printed form some time back. However, it is for free
      distribution, and you can obtained a copy online.

      Information is available here: http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/

      Under the heading Series D on the page, you will also find the
      collection for Lesson 1 to 9. We are currently on Lesson 10, and will
      finish with most of noun declension in Lesson 11 (with a fair bit in
      Lessons 17 and 19). The book then moves on to intermediate topics up
      to Lesson 26.

      The pace I am working through the book is really slow. It takes about
      two weeks to complete each lesson (two exercises). That would allow
      you to catch up a bit. You are welcomed to post questions on the
      exercises, and definitely if you spot any mistakes. Alternatively,
      you may choose to reply to the original postings in the archive which
      begins here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pali/message/5092

      It will not be hard, especially when there are answers that you can
      refer to now. You may also like to look at the other materials on the
      Pali page, especially on the book Pali Primer by Lily de Silva.

      Hope that helps.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Govinadsamy Gopalakrishna wrote:

      I could certainly appreciate some advice on what offline
      (meaning 'off the forum line') homework can I do to 'catch up'. I
      dont think I will be able to 'catch up' nevertheless, some advice
      will really be helpful.
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,