Re: [Pali] Pali Day by Day [D Series] Recovery

  • rett
    Message 1 of 1247 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm not 100% sure here, but I wonder if _tesa.m_
      and _tassaa_ in the below examples might be an
      unidiomatic choice of words. It sounds to my ear
      in both cases like someone else's deliverance or
      someone else's sister respectively. Perhaps the
      adjective _saka_ 'own' would be a better choice?
      Or some other solution, such as just leaving the
      words 'their' and 'her' untranslated altogether.
      Anyone?

      best regards,

      /Rett

      >2. The well-doers will obtain their deliverance.
      > puññakaarii / labhissanti / tesa.m / mutti.m
      > Puññakaarii tesa.m mutti.m labhissanti.

      >4. She went to school with her sister.
      > saa / agami / paa.thasaala.m / bhaginiyaa saddhi.m
      > Saa tassaa bhaginiyaa saddhi.m paa.thasaala.m agami.
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan