Re: Happy New year

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      Dear Aslam and friends,

      the devastation brought brought about by the earthquake and tsunami
      in the Indian Ocean has once again reminds us of the Four Noble
      Truths the Buddha spoke two and a half millenniums ago. The nature of
      Samsara is defined as by impermanence and unsatisfactoriness as much
      now as it was 2,500 years ago. The Buddha's teachings has provided us
      an honest guide of living life as it unfolds and cycles through
      rebirths. Hereby, I send my condolences to those affected by the
      natural disaster. May the blessings of the Triple Gems guide you
      through the difficulties you face.

      I would like to thank everyone for your kind support and contribution
      to the group for the past year. We have seen lots of new material
      available for the typical Pali student, such as myself.

      This year, I hope to complete the book An Elementary Pāli Course
      (Series D), and start on a new one. At the same time, I will carry on
      compiling the materials in the archive by Derek, Dimitry, John, Piya,
      Nina, Rett and others, and make them available on the web. I hope I
      can do more than the previous year.

      Finally, I wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

      Be safe.

    • John Kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005

        Again thank you for your wonderful work in running this Pali list
        and maintaining the web site. You are helping many people and
        generating good kamma.

        May 2005 be full of blessings for you and for ALL the Pali list
        members!

        With metta,
        John