Happy New year

  • aslam rasoolpuri
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      Dear Friends

      Happy new year to you . I pray for a best and lucky year for all friends.
      Aslam Rasoolpuri

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        Dear Aslam and friends,

        the devastation brought brought about by the earthquake and tsunami
        in the Indian Ocean has once again reminds us of the Four Noble
        Truths the Buddha spoke two and a half millenniums ago. The nature of
        Samsara is defined as by impermanence and unsatisfactoriness as much
        now as it was 2,500 years ago. The Buddha's teachings has provided us
        an honest guide of living life as it unfolds and cycles through
        rebirths. Hereby, I send my condolences to those affected by the
        natural disaster. May the blessings of the Triple Gems guide you
        through the difficulties you face.

        I would like to thank everyone for your kind support and contribution
        to the group for the past year. We have seen lots of new material
        available for the typical Pali student, such as myself.

        This year, I hope to complete the book An Elementary Pāli Course
        (Series D), and start on a new one. At the same time, I will carry on
        compiling the materials in the archive by Derek, Dimitry, John, Piya,
        Nina, Rett and others, and make them available on the web. I hope I
        can do more than the previous year.

        Finally, I wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

        Be safe.

      • John Kelly
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005

          Again thank you for your wonderful work in running this Pali list
          and maintaining the web site. You are helping many people and
          generating good kamma.

          May 2005 be full of blessings for you and for ALL the Pali list
          members!

          With metta,
          John