Re: Tipitakadharas of Myanmar

  • antony272b2
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      Dear Jim,

      "Candidates are tested on the doctrinal understanding, comparative
      philosophy, textual discrimination, taxonomic grouping and analysis
      and
      on the interrelationships."

      "In undertaking the assignments, the Venerable Sayadaw did not just
      read
      through the texts with the committee but sought out the different
      versions, brought out the reference in the Commentaries and
      Sub-commentaries, explained the implications to the clear
      understanding
      of the committee members, sought a unanimous conclusion and wrote the
      report."
      http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Library/Suttas/Paritta/BioMingun/biomingu
      n.html

      Best wishes / Antony.