[Pali] Dictionary, and Book for beginners

  • Rafael
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hello,

      Where do I find a link to a good and complete Pali dictionary on the
      internet?
      Could you suggest a introductory e-book for beginners?

      Thank you very much.
      Metta.

      Rafael
    • Michael Olds
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        Rafael,

        Best on-line dictionary:
        http://dsal.uchicago.edu/dictionaries/pali/index.html
        There are others. This is the classic. It has lots of errors, but it
        provides things like etymology and there are numerous mini-essays that make
        this work second only to the suttas in value to the Dhamma researcher.

        The Gradual Course, a course of instruction for lay beginners often taught
        by Ananda. This is Access to Insight's version:
        http:\\www.accesstoinsight.org\ptf\dhamma.html

        If you can wrap your mind around this series of instructions you have a very
        clear path from knowing nothing to the deepest concepts of the system.

        Take Care;
        and may your life be long and happy!
        Michael Olds