Re: Public domain in australia

    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 25, 2004
      Dear Michael, Navako and friends,

      Michael is right about the Australian copyright laws, something that
      most people (in Australia, I mean) may not be aware. With effects
      from 1 January 2005, copyright will last until 70 years after the
      death of the creator. Please refer to page 4 of the following
      information sheet: http://www.copyright.org.au/PDF/InfoSheets/G010.pdf

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Michael Olds wrote:
      In February 2004 the Australian government announced that protection
      in Australia would be extended to life plus seventy years, as part of
      implementation of the Australia-US Free Trade Agreement.