Pali - Every few days - [B214]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2004
      Pali - Every few days - [B214]

      Gair/Karunatillake - Chapter 11 - Further Readings

      Ex. 1 (Part 3 of 3)

      'Na tva.m addasaa manussesu itthi.m vaa purisa.m vaa ekaahamata.m vaa dviihamata.m vaa tiihamata.m vaa uddhumaataka.m viniilaka.m vipubbakajaatan'ti?

      "Have you not seen in the world, a woman or a man, one day, two days, or three days after death, bloated, discolored, and festering?"

      Tassa te viññussa sato mahallakassa na etadahosi: 'Aham pi kho'mhi mara.nadhammo mara.na.m anatiito. Handaaha.m kalyaa.na.m karomi kaayena vaacaaya manasaa'ti?

      "Being a wise and mature person, has it not occurred to you: 'I too am of the nature to die, I am not free from death. Well then, let me do good by body, speech, and mind'?"

      p(A.N. 3.36 Devaduuta sutta.m)

      Metta, John