More Pali - Every few days - [C178]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2004
      More Pali - Every few days - [C178]
      Warder - Exercise 19 (page 145)
      Passages for Reading 1 (Part 14 of 15)

      atha kho so satthavaaho satthike aamantesi:
      then / indeed / this / caravan leader / caravan
      merchants / addressed
      Then the caravan leader addressed the caravan
      merchants

      aya.m kho bho sattho anaya-vyasana.m aapanno yathaa
      ta.m tena baalena satthavaahena pari.naayakena.
      this / indeed / fellow / caravan / misfortune-disaster
      / fallen upon / just as / this / by that / foolish /
      caravan leader / guide
      �This caravan has fallen upon misfortune and disaster
      due to its foolish leader.

      tena hi bho yaan� asmaaka.m satthe appa-saaraani
      pa.niiyaani, taani cha.d.detvaa, yaani imasmi.m satthe
      mahaa-saaraani pa.niyaani taani aadiyathaa ti.
      so / friend / which / in our / caravan / little-value
      / commodities / those / having thrown away / which /
      in this / caravan / great-value / commodities / those
      / take / (end-quote)
      So, friends, throw away those commodities of little
      value in our caravan, and take what is of great value
      in that caravan.�

      Metta, John