More Pali - Every few days - [C175]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      More Pali - Every few days - [C175]
      Warder - Exercise 19 (page 145)
      Passages for Reading 1 (Part 11 of 15)

      aya.m kho bho puriso n� ev� amhaaka.m mitto na pi
      �aati-saalohito, katha.m maya.m imassa saddhaaya
      gamissaama.
      This / indeed / fellow / man / not / even / our /
      friend / not / also / kinsman-relative / why / we/ on
      this / faith / we will go
      Indeed this man is not even our friend or blood
      relation, why should we go on his word?

      na kho cha.d.dhetabbaani puraa.naani ti.naani
      ka.t.thaani udakaani, yathaakatena bha.n.dena sattha.m
      paayaapetha,
      not / indeed / to be thrown away / old / grass /
      firewood / water / with the usual / load / caravan /
      set out
      Do not throw away your old grass, firewood and water,
      and set out your caravan with the usual load,

      na no puraa.na.m cha.d.dessaamaa ti.
      not / our / old / we will throw out / (end-quote)
      we will not discard our old load.�

      Metta, John