Re: Exercise 10-A: Translate into English

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004
      Dear Ven. Dhammanando and friends,

      Bhante: thanks for that note.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Dhammanando Bhikkhu wrote:

      > Is it more common to write 'bhikkhuniinañca' or "bhikkhuniinañ ca"?

      In my PTS texts (mostly very old editions) ca is printed separately
      from the preceding word, even when sandhi causes that word's final
      niggahiita to be modified. I don't know if this convention is still
      current in the PTS. On the other hand, in the Thai Tipi.taka ca is
      always joined to the modified niggahiita.

      I suppose it might be better to keep them separate for the ease of
      those who have not yet studied sandhi.