Re: More Pali - Every few days - [C169]

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      Dear John and friends,

      sorry for the late reply. But please allow me to insert the missing
      line for the trilinear portion:

      cha.d.detvaa puraa.naani ti.naani ka.t.thaani udakaani
      lahubhaarehi saka.tehi sattha.m payaapesu.m.
      having thrown away / old / grass / firewood / water
      light load / with carts / caravan / (they) set out
      and they threw away their old grass, firewood and
      water, and they proceeded with carts lightly loaded.

      Please correct me if I am wrong.

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, John Kelly wrote:
      More Pali - Every few days - [C169]
      Warder - Exercise 19 (page 145)
      Passages for Reading 1 (Part 5 of 15)

      cha.d.detvaa puraa.naani ti.naani ka.t.thaani udakaani
      lahubhaarehi saka.tehi sattha.m payaapesu.m.
      having thrown away / old / grass / firewood / water
      and they threw away their old grass, firewood and
      water, and they proceeded with carts lightly loaded.
    • John Kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2004

        Thank you - good catch. I inadvertently missed a line of text. I'm
        glad to see somebody is actually reading my series posts! ;-)

        Also thank you for your continuing good work on the D series of
        exercises. Enjoy the break and best of luck with your exams.

        With metta, John