Re: [Pali] dhammapada translations

  • Ong Teng Kee
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2001
      Hi,
      The only one with as many pali readings as possible is PTS edtion by Norman
      and Hinuber with Thai Lanna readings but still lacking Cambodia and laos
      readings. They did it with many notes about meter etc.

      >From: Kumaara Bhikkhu <venkumara@...>
      >To: Pali@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Pali] dhammapada translations
      >Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 14:20:31 +0800
      >
      >Everybody seem to have their own view as to which translation is better.
      >
      >Being still at an elementary level in Pali, I can't speak in terms of
      >accuracy, but I kind of like Acariya Buddharakkhita's translation, which is
      >available at ATI.
      >
      >peace
      >
      >Ven Kumaara

    • John Kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2001
        Thank you to all the kind people on these lists that
        sent me responses to my request for recommendations on
        dhammapada translations. They have been most helpful.

        Metta,
        John

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com