More Pali - Every few days - [C169]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2004
      More Pali - Every few days - [C169]
      Warder - Exercise 19 (page 145)
      Passages for Reading 1 (Part 5 of 15)

      cha.d.detha bho puraa.naani ti.naani ka.t.thaani
      udakaani,
      throw away / friend / old / grass / firewood / water
      So throw away your old grass, firewood and water,

      lahu-bhaarehi saka.tehi sattha.m payaapethaa ti.
      light load / with carts / caravan / make proceed
      and have your caravan proceed with the carts lightly
      loaded.�

      eva.m bho ti kho te satthikaa tassa satthavaahassa
      pa.tissutvaa,
      yes / friend / (end-quote) / these / caravan /
      merchants / to this / to the caravan leader / having
      replied
      �Yes, friend�, these caravan merchants replied to the
      leader,

      cha.d.detvaa puraa.naani ti.naani ka.t.thaani udakaani
      lahubhaarehi saka.tehi sattha.m payaapesu.m.
      having thrown away / old / grass / firewood / water
      and they threw away their old grass, firewood and
      water, and they proceeded with carts lightly loaded.

      Metta, John
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        Dear John and friends,

        sorry for the late reply. But please allow me to insert the missing
        line for the trilinear portion:

        cha.d.detvaa puraa.naani ti.naani ka.t.thaani udakaani
        lahubhaarehi saka.tehi sattha.m payaapesu.m.
        having thrown away / old / grass / firewood / water
        light load / with carts / caravan / (they) set out
        and they threw away their old grass, firewood and
        water, and they proceeded with carts lightly loaded.

        Please correct me if I am wrong.

        metta,
        Yong Peng

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2004

          Thank you - good catch. I inadvertently missed a line of text. I'm
          glad to see somebody is actually reading my series posts! ;-)

          Also thank you for your continuing good work on the D series of
          exercises. Enjoy the break and best of luck with your exams.

          With metta, John