Pali Day by Day 10/08/2004 [D070]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Oct 8, 2004
      An Elementary Pali Course

      Exercise 8-B: Translate into Pali.

      6. Only yesterday I wrote a letter and sent to my master.
      eva / hiiyo / aha.m / likhitvaa / lekhana.m / pesesi.m /
      mayha.m / adhipatissa
      Eva hiiyo aha.m lekhana.m likhitvaa mayha.m adhipatissa
      pesesi.m.

      7. The poet compiled a book and gave to the king.
      kavi / sa'nga.nhitvaa / potthaka.m / adaasi / narapatino
      Kavi potthaka.m sa'nga.nhitvaa narapatino adaasi.

      8. Our relatives lived in the guest's house for a long time
      and left only (this) morning.
      amhaaka.m / ├▒aatayo / vasitvaa / atithissa / ghare / cira.m /
      nikkhami.msu / paato'va
      Amhaaka.m ├▒aatayo cira.m atithissa ghare vasitvaa paato'va
      nikkhami.msu.

      9. The householders brought paddy from the farmers and sowed
      in their fields.
      gahapatayo / ki.nitvaa / viihi.m / kassakehi / vapi.msu /
      tesa.m / khettesu
      Gahapatayo kassakehi viihi.m ki.nitvaa tesa.m khettesu
      vapi.msu.

      metta,
      Yong Peng
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones