Pali Day by Day 10/06/2004 [D068]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Oct 6, 2004
      An Elementary Pali Course

      Exercise 8-A: Translate into English.

      13. Aha.m mayha.m ├▒aatino ghare cira.m vasi.m.
      I / my / with relative / at home / for a long time / lived
      I lived at home with my relative for a long time.

      14. Sunakhaa a.t.thiihi gahetvaa magge dhaavi.msu.
      dogs / from guests / having taken / (to) roads / ran
      The dogs seized from the guests and ran to the roads.

      15. Dhamma.m sutvaa gahapatiina.m Buddhe saddha.m uppajji.
      Dhamma / having heard / to householders / in Buddha /
      faith / arised
      Having heard the Dhamma, faith in the Buddha arised in
      the householders.

      Exercise 8-B: Translate into Pali.

      1. The father of the sage was a king.
      janako / munino / ahosi / narapati