Re: Pali Day by Day 10/01/2004 [D065]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Oct 5, 2004
      Dear Derek, Nina and friends,

      thanks a lot. It is clearer now. I had mistaken 'narapati.m' as
      dative, and also did not understand 'sa'nga.nhati' fully.

      Muni narapati.m Dhammena sa'nga.nhitvaa agami.
      sage / king / with Dhamma / having helped / went
      The sage, having helped/supported the king with Dhamma, went (away).

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      > 1. Muni narapati.m Dhammena sa'nga.nhitvaa agami.
      > sage / to king / with Dhamma / having treated / went
      > The sage went to the king, having treated with Dhamma.
      N: sa'nga.nhitvaa, having supported him with the Dhamma.

      This is more free: The sage went to the king and explained Dhamma to
      him. This word occurs often here. Help, serve, treat kindly.
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan