Reading Nikayas

  • Goh Ah Lam
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
      I would like to start reading some of the Nikayas which I never do.
      Can any one recommend me which Nikayas I should start with?

      With Metta
      A.L.Goh

    • John Kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
        I recommend the Majjhima Nikaya. This was recommended
        to me as the best starting point for sutta reading by
        Andrew Olendski of the Barre Center for Buddhist
        Studies. There are 152 suttas of manageable length,
        that contain the core of Theravadan Buddhism.

        Metta,
        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
          Dear Mr. Goh,
          Perhaps you can start with Kuddaka Nikay.
          With Metta
          Mangesh

          --- Goh Ah Lam <goh2000@...> wrote:
          > I would like to start reading some of the Nikayas
          > which I never do.
          > Can any one recommend me which Nikayas I should
          > start with?
          >
          > With Metta
          > A.L.Goh

          > removed]