Pali Day by Day 08/31/2004 [D039]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Aug 31, 2004
      An Elementary Pali Course

      Exercise 5-A: Translate into English.

      5. Kassakaa khettesu biijaani vapanti.
      farmers / in fields / seeds / sow
      The farmers sow seeds in the fields.

      6. Sabbadaa maya.m udakena paade ca mukha├▒* ca dhovaama.
      everyday / we / with water / feet and / face and / wash
      Everyday we wash (our) feet and face with water.

      7. Sissaa aacariyaana.m lekhanaani likhanti.
      pupils / to teachers / letters / write
      The pupils write letters to (their) teachers.

      8. Idaani aha.m mittehi saddhi.m ghare vasaami.
      now / I / with friends / in house / live
      I live in the house with (my) friends now.

      * mukha.m + ca = mukha├▒ ca

      metta,
      Yong Peng
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones