Bodhesako on Tipitaka

  • Gabriel Bittar, PhD, Geneva University
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2001
      Dear Pali friends,

      I found from my diverse readings that one of the deepest assessment of the
      meaning and importance of Ti'pitaka is to be found in "Beginnings: the Pali
      suttas", from the late Bodhesako (Robert Smith, 1939-1988). This
      intelligent text can be found at
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9366/begin1.htm

      Metta-cittena,

      Dr Gabriel Jîvasattha Bittar
      -------------
      Dear friends,

      I was given this question and would like to ask everyone to
      contribute to it:

      Why is the Tipitaka (so) important?

      I will be putting up my points soon.

      Thank you,

      I I
      I Jacqueline "Gotamî Jîvarakkhî" Bittar I
      I Dr Gabriel "Ananda Jîvasattha" Bittar, I
      I PhD University of Geneva I
      I email: bittar@... I
      I bittar@... I
      I phone +61 8 8553 7442 , fax +61 8 8553 7444 I
      I mob. ph. +61 4 2743 5148 I
      I I
      I Institut Suisse de Bioinformatique I
      I Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics I
      I http://www.isb-sib.ch/DEA/plan_etudes.html I
      I I
      I À Bientôt Seayu Lodge, I
      I http://kangaroo-island-au.com/seayu_eng.html I
      I et http://kangaroo-island-au.com/seayu_fre.html I
      I und http://kangaroo-island-au.com/seayu_deu.html I
      I I
      I Buddhâyatana, buddhayatana@... I
      I http://kangaroo-island-au.com/buddhayatana.html I
      I I
      I 4/5 Warawee road / 34 Falie court I
      I PO box 281, American River, Kangaroo Island I
      I South Australia 5221 I
      I I
      I GMT +9h30 (allow for +1h when "summer time" in SA) I
      I I
      I a'niccâ vata san'khârâ I
      I ( a'niccaa vata san'khaaraa ) I
      I "impermanent are structural fluxes" I
      I "instables sont les flux structurels" I
      I Siddhârtha (Siddhaartha) Gautama Buddha I
      I I