Re: [Pali] Learning Chinese [was rRe: Kogen Mizuno]

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2004
      Hi Stephen,

      >PS: If you have seen it, have you found my Classical Tibetan Intro to be of
      >use ?

      yes i have seen it and am actually hoping to buy a copy this weekend. it looks like a great book. i am currently at the level where i have character recognition, but still need my notes at hand to check things. my vocabulary is growing slowly and i feel i am ready for some grammar now. i will be studying classical tibetan combined with comparative religion at SOAS in london for 4 years (one spent in tibet) and hope by the end to be reasonably proficient. in the very long term i hope to learn chinese as well, as i have read there are a great deal of untranslated texts in both of these languages.

      i look forward to reading your book !

      how cool to have 'met' you,

      metta,

      dan :)