Re: Lesson 9-- Question

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2001
      Dear Rene and friends,

      both 'saha' and 'saddhi.m' mean 'together with'. It is used after a
      noun in the instrumental case to express companionship. This is one
      of the special uses of the instrumental case.

      Thanks,
      Yong Peng.

      --- Rene Salm wrote:
      In Lesson 9, sentence number 6, the word SADHI.M togehter with
      KUKKURENA, dog. I thought SAHA and SADHI.M were used with humans. Is
      it customary also to use these words with animals? Or perhaps it's
      optional? Thanks-- Rene