Re: [Pali] Re: Buddhaghosa College of Pali Studies

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 13, 2004
      Hi Icaro,

      Icaro:
      Meanwhile... I will continue my Pali studies. What do you think if
      I buy the Warden's pali manual ? It could be a mean term between the
      Duroseille's and Narada Thera's works!!!

      Jim:
      I think you'd do well to buy Warder's Introduction to Pali. It's
      cheaper if you get it in the paperback form. This is the book that I
      started with and I still continue to use it. Duroiselle's A Practical
      Grammar of the Pali Language is a good reference work to have at hand
      too. I haven't worked much with Narada's primer but between the two
      I'd prefer Warder's although some people find the latter too difficult
      to start with. May you continue with your Pali studies.

      Best wishes,
      Jim