Re: Buddhaghosa College of Pali Studies

  • icarofranca
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 13 9:05 AM
      Hi Jim...

      > I recently read that you'll be visiting Canada soon which I hope
      >will
      > be a pleasant experience for you.

      As a military officer my free time is a very strict one. I will
      take vacancies only at January and probably I will go to Bangkok and
      meet Sarah, Jon and the rest of the gang... or to Canada if I take it
      by july, to see the Canada's marigolds blossom up, the beautiful
      Northern Canada wilderness and meet Dudley Do-Right(hyphenized!!!) in
      person (heheh...just kidding).
      Meanwhile... I will continue my Pali studies. What do you think if
      I buy the Warden's pali manual ? It could be a mean term between the
      Duroseille's and Narada Thera's works!!!

      Best wishes, Jim!!!

      Mettaya, Ícaro
    • Jim Anderson
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 13 3:43 PM
        Hi Icaro,

        Icaro:
        Meanwhile... I will continue my Pali studies. What do you think if
        I buy the Warden's pali manual ? It could be a mean term between the
        Duroseille's and Narada Thera's works!!!

        Jim:
        I think you'd do well to buy Warder's Introduction to Pali. It's
        cheaper if you get it in the paperback form. This is the book that I
        started with and I still continue to use it. Duroiselle's A Practical
        Grammar of the Pali Language is a good reference work to have at hand
        too. I haven't worked much with Narada's primer but between the two
        I'd prefer Warder's although some people find the latter too difficult
        to start with. May you continue with your Pali studies.

        Best wishes,
        Jim