Re: CSCD to text file conversion utility

  • Bhikkhu Pesala
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
      Thanks for the info. The utility is very simple to use, and as you say, it
      does already convert to Unicode or other formats. I could not believe how
      fast it was. Converting the Patisambhidamagga took about 2 seconds.

      It requires the Indic Times Font, which can be downloaded from:

      http://jbe.gold.ac.uk/fonts/tcrUnicode.TTF

      It views OK in Internet Explorer, but one cannot enlarge the font. Display
      in Opera is poor, though one can then zoom in. One would need to modify
      the stylesheet I suspect, though I wouldn't know how to do this.
    • Bhikkhu Pesala
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 12, 2004
        I figured out how to edit the style sheet. The problem lies with the Indic
        Times font. I also find 12pt rather small for body text, so I enlarged it
        to 16pt and changed the font to my own Unicode Optimist. This is the
        revised style sheet, which is suitable for Opera or Internet Explorer.
        Copy the text and save it as tipitaka4.css after backing up the original.
        It needs to be in the same directory as the converted HTML files. You
        could replace "Unicode Optimist" with the font of your choice such as
        "TITUS Cyberbit Basic."

        /* This is the stylesheet for Roman UTF-8 Unicode encoding.
        */

        body { font-family:"Unicode Optimist";
        background:white; }

        SPAN {}
        .variant {color: blue}

        p {
        border-top: 0in; border-bottom: 0in;
        padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in;
        margin-top: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.5cm;
        }
        /* */
        .c01 { font-size: 16pt; text-indent: 2em; margin-bottom: 0em;}

        .c02 { font-size: 16pt;}

        .c03 { font-size: 16pt; text-indent: 2em;}

        /* Namo tassa, and nitthita -- no unique structural distinction */
        .c06 { font-size: 16pt; text-align:center;}

        /* Unindented text */
        .c07 { font-size: 16pt;}

        /* Book */
        .c10 { font-size: 21pt; text-align:center; font-weight: bold;}

        /* Sutta */
        .c11 { font-size: 18pt; text-align:center; font-weight: bold;}

        /* Nikaaya */
        .c12 { font-size: 24pt; text-align:center; font-weight: bold;}

        /* Section (above 14)*/
        .c13 { font-size: 16pt; text-align:center; font-weight: bold;}

        /* Section */
        .c14 { font-size: 16pt; text-align:center; font-weight: bold;}

        /* Gatha line */
        .c21 { font-size: 16pt; text-indent: 4em; margin-bottom: 0em;}

        /* Gatha line */
        .c22 { font-size: 16pt; text-indent: 7em; margin-bottom: 0.5cm;}

        /* Gatha line */
        .c26 { font-size: 16pt; text-indent: 4em; margin-bottom: 0em;}

        /* Gatha line */
        .c27 { font-size: 16pt; text-indent: 7em; margin-bottom: 0em;}

        /*DN Muula Structure
        {
        06 Namo tassa..
        12 Nikaaya
        10 Book
        }

        |___11 Sutta
        | |
        | |___14 Section
        | |
        | |___ Text paras (01,02,03,07), gathas (21,22,26,27), various
        nitthitas (06)

        |___11 Sutta
        (etc.)

        */