Re: translations

    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2004
      Dear Ven. Phra Noah, Nina, Piya, Connie and friends,

      Bhante, I thank you too for sharing with your translation. As Nina
      says, web access may be a problem for some members. This is why we
      have maintained the e-mail method. Weblogs that are free and provide
      good "add-in" web features are in non-existence. Presently, they are
      not suitable for group discussion. I have previously attempted a
      discussion forum, but eventually e-mail is the best.

      Nina, some of Piya's translations are available here:
      http://www.dharma.per.sg/htm/general/translate.htm

      As Piya mentioned in his latest post, "diversity is not always a
      problem". What we will do is to check out what is already available,
      and avoid duplication unless it is necessary. If an alternate
      translation with a different style allows the sutta to be understood
      in a better way, then we should not reject doing it.

      Then, it is also about personal choice. If you like a particular
      sutta very much, and like to translate it and share it with us,
      that'll be alright too. :-)

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      I appreciate your effort to start now with the translations.

      On the webside translation is difficult for me and for some others
      who do not have easy access. Email works best for me.

      I want to ask Yong Peng: I asked Connie's help for a sutta about
      listening in Ang, but what about Piya's translations? We should
      perhaps not double? It is complicated for me to search all that on
      the webside.