More Pali - Every few days - [C136]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2004
      More Pali - Every few days - [C136]
      Warder - Exercise 18 (page 129)
      Passage for Reading 2 (Part 1 of 20)

      bhuutapubba.m raajaa Da.lhanemi naama ahosi
      cakkavattii dhammiko dhamma-raajaa �
      in the past / king / Dalhanemi / named / was /
      wheel-turning / just / righteous-king
      Once upon a time there was a wheel-turning, just, and
      righteous-ruling king named Dalhanemi �

      atha kho raajaa Da.lhanemi vassa-sahassaana.m accayena
      a~n~natara.m purisa.m aamantesi.
      then / indeed / king / Dalhanemi / rains-thousand /
      after / a certain / man / addressed
      Then, after a thousand years, King Dalhanemi addressed
      a certain man as follows.

      yadaa tva.m, ambho purisa, passeyyaasi dibba.m
      cakkaratana.m osakkita.m .thaanaa cuta.m, atha me
      aaroceyyaasii ti.
      when / you / sir / man / you would see / divine /
      wheel-treasure / withdrawn / from place / fallen /
      then / to me / you should inform / (end-quote)
      �My good man, when you see the divine wheel-treasure
      withdrawn and fallen down from its place, then you
      should inform me.�

      Metta, John