Ledi Sayadaw

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2001
      Saadhu!

      Could anyone tell me what year LEDI SAYADAW wrote or published the
      Paramattha Dipani, his sub-commentary (anu.tiikaa) on the
      Abhidhamm'attha,sa.ngaha? I know it's sometime around the start of the
      last century.

      Thanks.
    • rsasaki@newmail.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2001
        Piya Tan wrote:

        > Saadhu!
        >
        > Could anyone tell me what year LEDI SAYADAW wrote or published the
        > Paramattha Dipani, his sub-commentary (anu.tiikaa) on the
        > Abhidhamm'attha,sa.ngaha? I know it's sometime around the start of
        > the
        > last century.
        >
        > Thanks.

        Dear Ven. Piya,

        According to his Biography it was compiled in 1259 B.E. He wrote it in
        Pali, and then translated into Burmese.

        metta,

        Rick