Flashcards for De Silva's Pali Primer Chapters 1-5

  • swishsticks
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2004
      I have uploaded to the Files folder some flashcards which I have
      made for all the vocabulary in De Silva's Pali Primer Chapters
      1-5.

      I suggest printing directly on to 200g quality card and separating
      the cards with a craft knife. The columns are set up to allow duplex
      printing.

      Flashcards are one of the most efficient ways to learn vocabulary;
      long-term retention can be attained when they are reviewed
      systematically, as in the system developed by the psychologist
      Sebastian Leitner.

      Here are a a couple of links to the merits of flashcards, the
      Leitner system and the principles of effective vocabulary training.

      http://www.flashcardexchange.com/leitner.php

      http://www1.harenet.ne.jp/~waring/vocab/principles/index.htm

      Swishsticks
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2004
        Dear Swishsticks and friends,

        That's very nice of you. Yes, I agree flashcards are really useful to
        learn new words.

        metta,
        Yong Peng

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, swishsticks wrote:

        I have uploaded to the Files folder some flashcards which I have made
        for all the vocabulary in De Silva's Pali Primer Chapters 1-5.
      • rjkjp1
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2004
          Thanks,
          very helpful!