More Pali - Every few days - [C109]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      More Pali - Every few days - [C109]
      Warder - Exercise 15 (page 99)
      English into Pali (Part 3 of 3)

      Not-memorizing that speech, I left
      anuga.nhanto / ta.m / vaaca.m / pakkaami
      ta.m vaaca.m anuga.nhanto pakkaami [D.I.53 � ii.18]

      Why (is) this unexplained by the philosopher Gotama?
      asmaa / eta.m / avyaakata.m / sama.nena / Gotamena
      kasmaa pan� eta.m sama.nena Gotamena avyaakata.m
      [D.I.188 � ix.28]

      You (plur.) have gone forth from house to homelessness
      tumhe / pabbajitaa / agaarasmaa / anagaariya.m
      tumhe agaarasmaa anagaariya.m pabbajitaa [D.III.84 �
      xxvii.9]

      End of Exercise 15

      Metta, John