Pali Day by Day 2/04/2004 [A276]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Feb 4 4:59 AM
      Pali Primer Exercise 21

      Translate into English

      11. Kassako chinnaa sakhaayo khettamhaa niiharitvaa a.taviya.m
      pakkhipi.
      farmer / cut / branches / from field / having taken / in
      forest / placed
      The farmer took out the broken branches from the field and
      dumped (them) in the forest.

      12. Pokkara.niyaa tiire (bank) .thatvaa kadaliphala.m khaadantii
      kaññaa bhaginiyaa dinna.m paduma.m ga.nhi.
      pond's / bank / having stood / plantain (fruit) / eating /
      girl / by sister / given / lotus / took
      Standing at the bank of the pond and eating a plantain, the
      girl took the lotus given by (her) sister.

      13. Amhaaka.m (our) hatthapaadesu viisati (twenty) a'nguliyo
      santi.
      our / on hands and feet / twenty / fingers / there are
      There are twenty fingers (and toes) on our hands and feet.

      14. Rattiyaa gehaa nikkhamitu.m bhaayantii kaññaa dvaara.m na
      vivari.
      at night / house / to leave / fearing / girl / door / did not
      open
      The girl did not open the door, being afraid to leave the house
      at night.
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,