Re: Pali Day by Day 2/02/2004 [A274]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Feb 4, 2004
      Dear John and friends,

      thanks for pointing that out too. It's really a poor sentence. I have
      made the correction.

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, John Kelly wrote:
      > 3. Sayanta.m sunakha.m aamasantii kumaarii gehadvaare nisinnaa
      > hoti.
      > The girl touching the sleeping dog is seated at the door of the
      > house.

      While technically accurate, I feel that your translation of this
      sentence could be made more fluent in English as follows:
      "The girl is sitting at the door of the house stroking the dog."
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,

        Dhivan