Re: For Mac users only

  • raiu_harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "hjgrossi" <hjgrossi@m...> wrote:
      > I've been using the Normyn Pali fonts on my Macs for some
      years, and I've never
      > figured out how to get uu (long lowercase u). I know that shift +
      option + ; give the
      > uppercase long u. But option + ; gives elipsis.

      Try option+u followed by shift+e. It works for me... although i
      hope not to use Normyn much longer... I hope to convert my Pali
      files to Unicode and get away from these oddball encodings. If
      you still have a problem, tell us which OS, whether you are using
      TrueType or Adobe Type 1 version of font, etc.

      There are various utility programs that will display all the glyphs
      in a font and let you copy and paste from their display, maybe
      one of those would help you.
    • rett
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004

        >There are various utility programs that will display all the glyphs
        >in a font and let you copy and paste from their display, maybe
        >one of those would help you.

        PopChar has been a great help to me for using Normyn on a Mac. The
        long u, lower case, was also the hardest character for me to find
        until I started using it. Google 'PopChar' for where to download. I
        use a Swedish keyboard so my keystroke combo might not work, but fwiw
        it's ยจ shift-e.

        regards,

        /Rett