For Mac users only

  • hjgrossi
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      I've been using the Normyn Pali fonts on my Macs for some years, and I've never
      figured out how to get uu (long lowercase u). I know that shift + option + ; give the
      uppercase long u. But option + ; gives elipsis.

      Some years ago a monk in Sri Lanka tried to find an aswer for me, but nothing
      worked. It is odd that this is the only Pali character I can't duplicate.

      Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

      With metta,
      Henry
    • raiu_harrison
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "hjgrossi" <hjgrossi@m...> wrote:
        > I've been using the Normyn Pali fonts on my Macs for some
        years, and I've never
        > figured out how to get uu (long lowercase u). I know that shift +
        option + ; give the
        > uppercase long u. But option + ; gives elipsis.

        Try option+u followed by shift+e. It works for me... although i
        hope not to use Normyn much longer... I hope to convert my Pali
        files to Unicode and get away from these oddball encodings. If
        you still have a problem, tell us which OS, whether you are using
        TrueType or Adobe Type 1 version of font, etc.

        There are various utility programs that will display all the glyphs
        in a font and let you copy and paste from their display, maybe
        one of those would help you.
      • rett
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004

          >There are various utility programs that will display all the glyphs
          >in a font and let you copy and paste from their display, maybe
          >one of those would help you.

          PopChar has been a great help to me for using Normyn on a Mac. The
          long u, lower case, was also the hardest character for me to find
          until I started using it. Google 'PopChar' for where to download. I
          use a Swedish keyboard so my keystroke combo might not work, but fwiw
          it's ยจ shift-e.

          regards,

          /Rett