More Pali - Every few days - [C107]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      More Pali - Every few days - [C107]
      Warder - Exercise 15 (page 99)
      English into Pali (Part 1 of 3)

      What I know, you know; what you know, I know
      ya.m / aha.m / jaanaami / ta.m tva.m / jaanaasi / ya.m
      / tva.m / jaanaasi / ta.m aha.m / jaanaami
      yam aha.m jaanaami ta.m tva.m jaanaasi, ya.m tva.m
      jaanaasi tam aha.m jaanaami
      [D.I.88 � iii.1.3]

      I learn the saying of the fortunate one
      aajaanaami / bhaasita.m / bhagavato
      bhagavato bhaasita.m aajaanaami [D.I.184 � ix.18]

      He will grasp what I explain (fut.) quickly
      ta.m aajaanissati / ya.m / vyaakarissaami / khippa.m
      ya.m vyaakarissaami ta.m khippa.m aajaanissati
      [D.II.150 � xvi.5.25]

      After some time he hears the excellent doctrine
      aparena / samayena / so / su.naati / ariya.m /
      dhamma.m
      so aparena samayena ariya.m dhamma.m su.naati
      [D.II.214 � xviii.23]

      Metta, John